Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our First Anniversary!!!

So Rex and I had our very first anniversary this past weekend! Hooray! We can't believe it has already been a whole year. We celebrated by going to Hocking Hills, a state park South of Columbus. It was so beautiful down there. We stayed in a really nice cabin and spent the days hiking around the sites and canoeing on the lake...oh yeah, and reenacting the honeymoon, of course! ;) We both decided it was our best anniversary yet!

The Cantwell Cliffs

This is know as "Fat Woman's Squeeze". Think he's gonna make it? ;)
Better yet, am I gonna make it?

Going down into Cantwell Cliffs area


The best-looking darndest fish I ever saw!


Rex got a little hungry on the lake and needed a snack


Officially the very first fish I have ever caught...not counting all of those trout farm fish! Rex was so proud of me.

This is out front of our cabin, the Chicory Cabin. It was really nice and new. You can kind of see the porch swing up top. It was great!


Conkle's Hollow


Also at Conkle's Hollow.

This picture is pretty dark, but if you look real hard off in the distance, you will see a beautiful forest fairy...hehe...this is Rock House.

Hiking down into Old Man's Cave

Old Man's Cave area


I got sick of Rex on this trip, so I shoved him into this tree. (Lower Falls at Old Man's Cave)



Then I felt bad, so I jumped in, too.

Hiking down Old Man's Cave...looks pretty scary, huh? (no, not us, the cave)

Our friend, the turtle! (No Lynsey, we didn't steal him away and lock him up as our pet ;))

Cedar Falls. Watch out, the falls are huge.

Hiking down to the falls area

Ash Cave. We saw a wedding being set up here on our way out. Pretty neat backdrop!


On the way into Ash Cave

Out on the patio on our anniversary at Lindey's in German Village. Yes, yes, that is a delicious brownie sundae.

My beautiful flowers!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Kacie,

Couldn't remember my password and had to retype this comment after I reset my password. I love all your creative comments - you are really funny - except having you live in Ohio is not funny! We miss you both. Keep posting your pictures. It is really fun to see you both. I will try to post some from my camera as soon as I get a little work done on the basement - like throwing out all the junk everyone left behind. Yes, that's right - you should all be afraid of mom the cleaning tornado!!