Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chicago, Chicago!!!

Chicago was such a blast! A little chilly, but well worth it! The shopping was amazing, too.


The skyline was pretty impressive. Is it Chicago that they call the "Sparkling City"? I can see why...all of the buildings are made out of glass and metal.

On top of the Sears Tower...it was pretty scary. I almost broke Rex's hand on the elevator ride up, and apparently I am about to bite my own off!

Cool guy riding the "El" Train

Super cool, fabulous chick riding it, too

Rex decided he wanted to serve us some beers on Navy Pier to liven and warm us up :)


I felt like I was at the ocean, the lake is so big! This is at the tip of Navy Pier. You can see the enormouse light house in the background.


Which way do I go? (Which way do you want to go...up or down? Name that movie!)

Aye, aye captain! We are dorks, I know.


Just us trying to capture the skyline at Navy Pier.


This is one of the amazing deep-dish pizza places that we went to. This one is called Gino's East. Everyone writes on the walls there. We also left our mark, of course!


This is the best pizza I have ever eaten! It is at Giordano's, a famous deep-dish pizza place right off Michigan Ave. Yummo!


Millenium Park- they have really unique architectural structures there. This is an amphitheater inside the park.

Just two wild and crazy guys seeing their refelction in the magical "Bean" statue! Pictures to follow...
Aaaah! It's a UFO, it's a spaceship...no, it's the "Bean"!


Most genius sculpture ever made


What a great impersonation, right?


By far the most impressive piece of art in the Chicago Institute of Art.

Everyone knows this one! Rex is focused hard.

Buehler, Buehler?

The American Girl Store! All you women in the family would have died! I was like a kid in a candy store. I needed someone there to share it with me who would appreciate it! I had to show Rex every little thing I owned.


Yay, Samantha! I can't believe they are retiring her to the archives!


So fun!

No comments: